Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The One Year Anniversary of My Dad's Death

I learned from a study in science that the bodies of the universe were started from tiny atoms into which motion was introduced and they spun and spun and whirled and whirled until they formed a much larger body, which, in turn, finally broke into segments and formed the bodies of the universe. But this is as far as the theory goes. Where did the atoms come from from and who introduced the motion to start the atoms to integrate science does not explain. Therefore, there must have been one power--one great maker and doer--to produce all this; and the great power must be God.

From an Essay "Religion as I See It"
July 15, 1940
Al Drebin

1 comment:

John L. Murphy / "FionnchĂș" said...

I can see the Sean Penn-Al-Leo resemblance in the face here. This is a great snapshot. Thanks for posting about Grandpa's own thoughts about a mystery I hope he's solved during the past year!